Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the sequel to the 1998 blockbuster racing game, NFS III. Like its predecessor, it features high-speed police chases in exotic cars around a variety of locales around the world.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is a racing game developed by Black Box for the PlayStation 2 and by EA Seattle on the Xbox, GameCube and PC. It was published by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and PC. The game launched first on the GameCube on September 30, 2002, then on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox on October 1, 2002. It later released on the PC on the 21st of October, 2002. The game is the sequel to 1998’s Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, despite there being 2 games in the franchise in between III and HP:2. Like its predecessor, Hot Pursuit 2 focuses heavily on police chases in exotic cars around picturesque locations around the world.
The game features a number of improvements over previous entries in the franchise including event-tree objective modes, a wider variety of cars and a substantial amount of additions to police offensive and defensive abilities.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was released to both critical and commercial acclaim, gaining incredibly favorable reviews for the PS2 version and, to this day, is still considered by many to be the franchise’s peak. The GameCube, Xbox and PC version suffered with a number technical issues as well as a severe lack of features found in the PS2 version.
There are two main modes of play in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. The first mode is, obviously, Hot Pursuit mode. The second mode is World Racing mode, which is a more traditional, single-player racing mode. Each mode has a number of different event types which are listed below:
Hot Pursuit Mode
- Quick Race : This randomly selects a car, track and game mode and instantly puts you into a race. This mode has cop cars turned on.
- You’re the Cop: This mode lets you take control of a police car as you attempt to intercept and arrest high-speed drivers. Players must turn on their siren as cars speed by to target them and proceed to ram them into submission. Players also have the ability to call in support from the police force to take down the opponent such as roadblocks, helicopters or back-up police cruisers.
- Challenge: This mode lets you select a car, a track and a game mode to playthrough. Essentially, Quick Race with customizable options. This mode has cop cars turned on.
- Ultimate Racer: One of NFS: HP2’s two main modes. Ultimate Racer is an event tree-based challenge mode that pits the player in a variety of races and challenges. Advancing further into the tree unlocks better cars, harder tracks and other extras. Ultimate Racer has certain “You’re the Cop” events, as well.
World Racing Mode
- Quick Race: This randomly selects a car, track and game mode and instantly puts you into a race. This mode has cop cars turned off.
- Challenge: This mode lets you select a car, a track and a game mode to playthrough. Essentially, Quick Race with customizable options. This mode has cop cars turned off.
- Championship: The second of two main modes in HP2. Championship Mode is an event-tree based challenge mode that pits the player in a variety of races and challenges. Advancing further into the tree unlocks better cars, harder tracks and other extras.
Download Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2  For PC
- CPU: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
- CPU SPEED: 500 MHz
- RAM: 128 MB
- OS: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
- VIDEO CARD: 16MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card using a supported chipset (NVIDIA TNT2+ / ATI Radeon+)
- TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 16 MB
- 3D: Yes
- DIRECTX VERSION: 8.1 (Included)
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- FREE DISK SPACE: 1.2 GB
- CD-ROM: 4x CD/DVD-ROM. This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives.
2. Run “setup.exe” to install the game
3. Copy the crack
4. Play & Enjoy